Lots of times I feel like this blog is a place for me to publicly brag about the good things I do as a mom. And that's fine, I certainly enjoy the "bucket-fillers" when people tell me how great I am :)
But, also, it's not that realistic. So, in the interest of truth, here is a short list of things I should do better at!
1) Sometimes I instruct Buddy to tell his teachers he did his reading homework, even though instead we read Roald Dahl/Dr. Seuss/Eric Carle.
2) I enjoy "Elf on the Shelf" not because of Buddy's joy at finding "Fuzzy" in a new place daily, but because of my sense of accomplishment that I didn't get caught moving him!
3) Sometimes when I'm late for work and haven't packed dinner, I steal quarters from Buddy's change jar so I can get vending machine food.
4) When my kid is being picky, I pack him "homemade lunchables" and gogurt. And refuse to feel guilty.
5) Cleaning the bathroom is worth $1, since I hate that job. Vacuuming, though more time consuming, is only worth $.50, because it's my favorite chore.
6) I use dessert as a bribe to force Buddy to eat new things for dinner.
7) Sometimes I let Buddy skip brushing his teeth at night, just because the fight is not worth it. I am begging for fillings.
None of these are the most horrible things in the world (I don't think, at least) but I definitely should work on these things! Do you have any small failings?