Monday, November 14, 2011

Money (and love) makes the world go around. *EDITED*

You guys, I don't know what to do. I'm having money issues. Buddy's father lost his unemployment money a few weeks ago with no warning, so he's basically stopped paying any child support. I'm working every hour that I can, but that has costs too, like babysitting and gas to get there.
And I can't afford to pay my bills. I've had to ask my father twice in recent history to help me out, and even with that I'm scraping by. I needed to have $180 today to pay a daycare bill. I have $176 to my name. And that means that I can't pay that bill, plus I can't buy any groceries, gas, or any other neccesities. I have talked to Buddy's father a few times about this, because he's all proud that he is finally able to start saving money. I've mentioned that I really need some help paying for essential things for Buddy, and he doesn't say anything. I'm out of sandwich meat, and bread, and fruit. I can't buy any. I'll get paid on Thursday but most of that money is already spoken for. Next week is Thanksgiving, which is lovely and all but means I lose 2 days worth of work.
I try to put on a good face, act like everything is fine, but every time I think about money I want to burst into tears. There is nothing more I can do, and I can't live on what I have.
So, when you are completely out of money, how to you get by? Any suggestions?

EDIT: You guys are amazing. I don't know how it happened and I certainly didn't expect it, but I posted this entry this morning, and by this afternoon all sorts of miracles had happened. I had friends and family with almost as little as me offering to take me grocery shopping. I had friends and family offering to help out with Buddy while I work. And most amazing of all...

By the time I got to Buddy's school this afternoon, some angel(s) had paid my bill up through the end of November. I was also given bags of food, and a giant hug and understanding from the director. I cried, of course.

I don't know who did this wonderful thing for me, but I'd just like to offer a HUGE "thank you" and a virtual hug! Feel sure that when I am able to do the same for another person in need, I will take the chance gladly. Again, thanks to all of you, SO SO MUCH!

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, at that point I had to start pawning things :( I'm sorry you've hit a rough patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be a part of the help. Consider this a virtual hug back to you and your son. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. That is amazing I just got chills. Yay for good people in the world! Good luck Amanda you can do it!

    ReplyDelete