Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yoga Night

So, Mama is not exactly the healthiest of people. I have been known to eat a bag of chips for dinner, and finish it off with some soda and a nice helping of popcorn. Also, I am NOT a regular exerciser. I try every once in a while, but it usually doesn't last. But, since I have an active 5-year old, I figure I'd better make an effort.

This weeks effort: YOGA!

I found a DVD my mom gave me a few years ago, and popped it in Sunday night. It felt good, and also hard. But I didn't sweat too much, and other than having to laugh at how bad I am at it, I really enjoyed it.

I also did some yoga with Buddy last night before bed, and he fell asleep minutes after I tucked him in! I'm not sure it was the yoga that helped him fall asleep so fast, but it couldn't have hurt :)

So, tonight I invited my two-fer (friend and cousin) Korrin over and we're gonna YOGA. To this DVD. Which, according to Amazon, is worth a whopping $0.01!
I'll let ya know how it goes :)

UPDATE: It went pretty good! It was a busy night, so we only got to do one of the shorter routines on the video. But we're planning on making it a bi-weekly thing, so hopefully Wednesdays and Sundays will become Yoga days! Maybe eventually we will feel comfortable enough to go to a class... doubtful though.

Another hilarious thing... knees, ankles, necks, wrists, hips, and practically every other joint in the body was heard to crack tonight. Also, possibly, a few toots were let out! (Hey, you "relax your digestive track" and then try to do moves where you crunch over and move from side to side and see if you don't do the same!) It was good that I was doing it with my cousin, because although we both actually committed to doing the moves right, we also weren't above giggling when things were goofy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment