Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Anxiety Update

Ok, so I had an appointment with my doctor last week, and although I felt like she wasn't really listening to me that well, I left the office with a prescription for lexapro. I had been on that in the past, so I thought it was a safe bet, and I asked to start with a really low dose, so I thought I'd be safe with that.

That same day, feeling frustrated with my doctor's lack of interest in listening to me, I made an appointment with my old therapist, Noreen Salzman. I don't know if it's OK to name-check her like that on here, but I love her! And I knew that she would at least listen to me and help me figure out what's going on with my body.

Anyway, so I started taking the lexapro, and it made things WAY worse. I started having full on anxiety attacks almost daily, my worst one woke me up in the middle of the night, lasted 2 hours and ended up with me throwing up. I knew something was wrong. I saw my counselor yesterday and told her about it, she told me what I already thought: something was way off, my body wasn't responding the way it had in the past.

So I called my doctor again, explained about the horrible panic attacks etc, and now she's got me on something called viibryd. We'll see how this goes, but I slept through the night last night which is pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me to blog Amanda! I miss you too and I hope you got my Birthday text! If not, happy belated. Good luck in search of what you need. I can at least commiserate in saying that I'm struggling in my own ways right now and all we can do is keep looking for that light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete