Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On Death and Dying.

I don't actually have anything to update today. My best friend Molly's mom died yesterday. She was an amazing person. She was there for me in tough times when I didn't have any other adult women to turn to. She thought of me as a second daughter, and I knew she was another mother to me.

Dealing with death is such a tricky thing. I want to get together with everyone who knew her, and talk about how awesome she was, and remember all the good things. But more important right now is to support Molly and her family, and I am not quite sure how to do that. I love them all and want to help, but also don't want to smother them or be a nuisance.

Anyway, it's been a rough few days. I know that Connie is in heaven now, and as Buddy says "I bet she found some little kids up there and is teaching them how to read!" (she's a first grade teacher). I hope that I can find the best ways to support her family, and that we all heal.

I love you Connie. So many people love you. And we will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment