Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Son, the Therapist

Today was a rough day. I'm not sure why, it seemed like everything that I had been worrying about all of a sudden fell on top of me and I just froze. It was how I used to feel back before I went through counseling, and took medicine, and did all sorts of things to learn how to deal with depression.
Well, it hit hard today, just for an hour or so, I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone. But I was worrying about a thousand things, feeling completely lost and miserable, and finally I had to go into my room and sob with the door closed.

After a few minutes, Buddy started to ask "what's wrong?"

I tried to get my composure back but it just wouldn't come. I quickly heard little footsteps, and my baby climbed onto my bed with me. He put his arms around me, said "It's gonna be OK, momma" and 'painted' my face with his hands, which is a thing I do for him when he gets overly stressed. I explained that sometimes Mommy just needs a minute to have feelings, and she was feeling sad right now.

He was completely calm, snuggled with me, and then said "Now momma, we're going shopping. Stop crying on my shirt."

And I did, we wrestled and played around for a little bit and then bought him the 2 sizes larger jeans he's needed for a month or so now!
Anyway, it's not his job to take care of his momma. But it's wonderful that he did this one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment