Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day, and I know I should write about my own mother. But, she is in Texas currently and I'm ridiculously jealous and it's not like she's going to get on the internet in the next few days anyway, so I only feel mildly guilty writing about myself, as usual.

My mothering journey has been long and painful, and it took me a long time to accept my new role and  to not feel the stares as I walked around with my child. But, I just have to say, look!

He changed my life. I know children are supposed to celebrate their mothers on mother's day, but before I get the handprint art and everything else I just want to say... mother's day for me this year is also me celebrating my becoming an adult, and the gift of Buddy.

(Halloween this year)

(the "traveling heart" from his preschool, he begged me to take pictures once he fell asleep with it.)

My kid is pretty amazing. Happy Mother's Day to all of us, and we should remember today that IT'S WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment