Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Zoo! (Finally)

So, in case you missed the memo, I've been wanting to go to the Henry Vilas Zoo for ages! And yesterday, we finally got to go with my friend Amber.

We meant to leave Steven's Point around 9 am and get to the zoo by 11. Well, as these things go, we didn't leave till around 10 and didn't actually get into the zoo till about 12:30. Needless to say, this made for a LOOOOONG day. But it was still super fun!

When we got to Madison, we met up with Amber's friend Kelsey for a little bit. A nice parking police-man asked us if we wanted him to take this picture so we could all be in it :)

We also at a picnic lunch before we went into the zoo, since we didn't want to spend a bunch of money on hot dogs etc. By the way, Lunchables are absolutely disgusting. I don't know why I wanted them so bad in elementary school!

Once we got to the zoo, it was 4 nonstop hours of looking at animals and reading signs. Of course there was some goofing around too!

Buddys's arms compared to monkey arms!

These giraffes were separated by a fence, since I guess they had been fighting haha!

This tiger was pissed.



Buddy as a baby kangaroo!


Mama with antlers!

On the train ride!

Giant turtles!

Alligator snapping turtle. Totally gross, and also fascinating.

The otters! Buddy played with them for a long time, they loved the attention!

At about 4:30, we finally left the zoo. We stopped at Kelsey's house to eat a quick dinner, then started home.
As you can see from the Capitol Building in the background, he didn't even make it out of town before he crashed :)

The zoo was amazing, I'm really glad I've got a friend like Amber who loves hanging out with my kiddo, and I want to go back again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment