Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

I'm a horrible mother and forgot to bring my camera to Easter (as usual). So this will be a text-only entry, which I know is super boring :(
Anyway, Easter this year was really fun, in surprising ways. We started the day early, with a 6:30 am wake-up call from Buddy "Mom!!!! There's a basket outside the door!!! And there's a BOOK in it!!!!"

It went from there to a frantic Easter egg hunt, and as soon as Buddy finished eating candy we made a quick breakfast and then had to run to church early, since Easter is the biggest choir holiday.

The choir sounded amazing, it was one of those great moments where I could hardly sing because my heart was so full and I was enjoying it so much. Rejoicing at church was great.

By the time we got back to my father's house for lunch, we were all kind of worn out, plus it was nice out. So we went for a bike ride and ate leftovers rather than doing the usual Easter lunch thing.

Then in the afternoon, we went to Buddy's grandparents (on his dad's side) which was great. I love that family so much, and I love that even though I'm not with Buddy's dad anymore, I'm still welcome in their family. They are all great people, and we had a blast at dinner there.

Finally, I was plied with leftovers and sent home, where Buddy got the inevitable tummy-ache from eating too much candy, was whiny and obnoxious, and finally collapsed into a sugar coma.

All in all, great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment