Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A New Me?

This last year, I needed a break from school. I also desperately needed money! So I took a full time job working in a call center. This meant sitting on my butt all day, doing nothing but eating and smoking cigarettes.Over the next 6 months working there, I gained about 50 pounds. From what I gather, this is pretty typical for employees, as almost all the people I knew there gained between 20 and 70 pounds while working there.

Well, all of a sudden I decided to get back to the life plan. I enrolled back in school, quit working at the call center... and all of a sudden realized that none of my clothes fit and it was a struggle to walk up a flight of stairs!

I've been working on it. I've been slowly starting to work out, and am now to the point where I can comfortably work out at least 3 times a week for about a half hour. I quit smoking cigarettes. I feel better, and I have more energy. Unfortunately, I've lost all of 2 pounds.

Summer season is approaching, and I'm slightly terrified to bring out the shorts and tank tops again. Not only will I have to buy new ones (nothing from last summer will fit) but I also have all sorts of angry red stretch marks from my rapid weight gain.

I'm working hard, and hopefully all this work will pay off! I'm aiming not just for weight loss, but a lifestyle change. Even before last year, I was a junk food addict and never worked out. Hopefully all this work I'm putting in will help me become a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment